- Air Rides
- Deals and Discounts
- Family friendly
- Meals included
Cappadocia & Istanbul
In this Package discover the incredible volcanic landscape and underground city of Capadoccia and the delights of the stunning İstanbul and it’s top city attractions including the GRAND BAZAAR. You will also enjoy a bosphorus cruise an admire major sightseeing spots.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Istanbul (Your Hotel)|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Pickup @ 8 am from hotel.|
Cappadocia & Istanbul
Day 1: ARRIVAL IN ISTANBUL
• Arrival in Istanbul, where you will be wel comed by your local guide and transferred to your hotel. Dinner and overnight in Istanbul.
DAY 02: ANKARA CAPPADOCIA
• After breakfast you will go by bus to Ankara, the centrally located capital of Tur key, once city of lower importance, until it officially replaced Istanbul as the new Turk ish capital city in 1923. During a panoramic city tour you will visit the Mausoleum of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, where the foun der of the Turkish Republic rests in peace. Further you will go on to Cappadocia. Din ner and overnight in Cappadocia.
DAY 03: : CAPPADOCIA
• Today is your first day in Cappadocia, a re gion of exceptional natural wonders, in par ticular characterized by fairy chimneys and a unique historical and cultural heritage. Your first steps will start in the Red Valley, one of the most spectacular valleys of Cap padocia with its different kind of rock for mations in variety colours. The hidden rock cut churches in the valley surprise the visi tors. The hike ends at the abandoned Cavusin village. It is a wonderful hiking trail through tunnels, cave dwellings and cave churches, along vineyards, potatoes and pumpkin fields. In the afternoon you can admire the Göreme Valley from above. (ascent 100 m, descent 100 m, walking length: ca. 8 km)
DAY 04: : CAPPADOCIA
• You will be trekking in one of the most famous valleys of Cappadocia today, the Pigeon Valley. Its name comes from the pi geoncotes carved on its walls. A magnifi cent natural phenomenon awaits you here, a peaceful nature, where past and present meet. In the afternoon, you will pass through the Love Valley, which has differ ent types of fairy chimneys, most of them amusingly phallic in appearance. (ascent 150 m, descent 150 m, walking length: ca. 14 km)
• Evening (facultative): Enjoy the evening and relax after a day full of walking at a Turkish Night Show, an unforgettable evening in a local bar caved in a fairy chimney. The show highlights the dance traditions of various regions of Turkey (e.g. traditional Turkish wedding, Anatolian fire dance, Caucasus dance with knives and drums), complete with traditional costumes and of course, exhilarating belly dancers. Dinner and lo cal wine or raki included.
DAY 05: CAPPADOCIA
• Don’t miss the one of life’s great thrills, Cappadocia hot-air balloon flight (facultative). The spectacular surrealistic landscapes combined with excellent flying conditions allow the balloons to gently drift over and between fairy chimneys, pigeon houses hewn into the unique rock formations, orchards and vineyards and then float up over rippled ravines for breathtaking views over the region.
After the breakfast you will first go by bus to southern Cappadocia to the Soganli Valley. This valley, breathing on medieval at mosphere, gives an opportunity to do some Cappadocian cavechurch exploring off the beaten path. In the afternoon you will visit the largest excavated underground city in Turkey, multilevel Derinkuyu Underground City with 8 accessible floors ex tending to a depth of approximately 85 m. At the close of day you will visit a carpet manufactory and will be acquainted with history, dying, techniques etc. The Turkish carpets have exuberant colours, motifs, and patterns, and are traditionally woven by women. (walking length: ca. 8 km)
• Evening (facultative): Witness a performance of Whirling Dervishes, the members of the Mev levi Order from Konya. The ritual whirling of the dervishes is an act of love and a drama of faith. It possesses a highly structured form within which the gentle turns become increasingly dynamic as the individual dervishes strive to achieve a state of trans.
DAY 06: CAPPADOCIA - ISTANBUL
• On this day you will proceed from Cappadocia back to Istanbul. As a farewell you will visit the Ihlara Valley, this dramatic gorge, cut by a small stream through the volcanic landscape, holds about 60 Byzantine churches, chapels, monasteries and hermits’ caves dating from the 11th to 13th centu ries. Dinner and overnight in Istanbul.
DAY 07: ISTANBUL CITY TOUR
• In Istanbul you will visit the famous Grand Bazaar, one of the largest and oldest cov ered markets in the world. Opened in 1461, it is well known for its jewellery, pottery, spice, and carpet shops. Overwhelmed by mummery of the Grand Bazaar, you will take a ride along the Bosporus to have a lunch in an exclusive restaurant on the shore, after which you board for a romantic Bosporus Cruise. No Istanbul experience is complete without a cruise on the Bosporus, it is as crucial as visiting any of the other major sightseeing spots. After ar rival at the Golden Horn you will visit a jewellery manufactory.
DAY 08: DEPARTURE
• Transfer to the airport for departure to your homeland.