Spend your vacation discovering the incredible volcanic landscape of dramatic rock colors and shapes, riddled with underground cities, Byzantine rock-cut churches and their beautiful frescoes and traditional rural Christian and Greek villages – perfect for beautiful walks in the natural valleys among rock houses and castles while staying at of some of Cappadocia’s best cave hotels…
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||ANTALYA (Your Hotel)|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Pickup @ 8 am from hotel.|
Day 1: ARRIVAL IN ANTALYA
• Arrival in Antalya, where you will be wel comed by your local guide and transferred to your hotel. Dinner and overnight in Antalya.
DAY 02: KONYA - CAPPADOCIA
• At ca. 8 am you will get on your comfort able bus to Cappadocia. While you will be able to admire the passing beautiful scen ery, your experienced tour guide will pro vide you with thorough information on Turkey, social relations, people, culture etc. Against noon you will reach Konya, the city of Whirling Dervishes. The most important place to visit in Konya is the Mevlana’s Mausoleum. After lunch you will continue to Cappadocia. Dinner and overnight in overnight in Cappadocia
DAY 03: : CAPPADOCIA
• Today is your first day in Cappadocia, a re gion of exceptional natural wonders, in par ticular characterized by fairy chimneys and a unique historical and cultural heritage. Your first steps will start in the Red Valley, one of the most spectacular valleys of Cap padocia with its different kind of rock for mations in variety colours. The hidden rock cut churches in the valley surprise the visi tors. The hike ends at the abandoned Cavusin village. It is a wonderful hiking trail through tunnels, cave dwellings and cave churches, along vineyards, potatoes and pumpkin fields. In the afternoon you can admire the Göreme Valley from above. (ascent 100 m, descent 100 m, walking length: ca. 8 km)
DAY 04: : CAPPADOCIA
• You will be trekking in one of the most famous valleys of Cappadocia today, the Pigeon Valley. Its name comes from the pi geoncotes carved on its walls. A magnifi cent natural phenomenon awaits you here, a peaceful nature, where past and present meet. In the afternoon, you will pass through the Love Valley, which has differ ent types of fairy chimneys, most of them amusingly phallic in appearance. (ascent 150 m, descent 150 m, walking length: ca. 14 km)
DAY 05: PERGAMON AYVALIK
• Don’t miss the one of life’s great thrills, Cappado cia hot-air balloon flight (facultative). The spectacular surrealistic landscapes combined with excellent flying conditions allow the bal loons to gently drift over and between fairy chim neys, pigeon houses hewn into the unique rock formations, orchards and vineyards – through impressive valleys, each with distinctive rock for mations, colours and features – and then float up over rippled ravines for breathtaking views over the region. The flight takes ca. 1 hour and you will be comfortably back in your hotel to take your daily tour.
• After the breakfast you will first go by bus to southern Cappadocia to the Soganli Valley. This valley, breathing on medieval at mosphere, gives an opportunity to do some Cappadocian cavechurch exploring off the beaten path. In the afternoon you will visit the largest excavated underground city in Turkey, multi-level Derinkuyu Under ground City with 8 accessible floors ex tending to a depth of approximately 85 m. (ascent 150 m, descent 150 m, walking length: ca. 8 km)
DAY 06: TROY - DARDANELLES - ISTANBUL
• Another trekking day will take you to the Pancarlik Valley. It is a fantastic land scape, a tumble of waves with pastel col ours, patchwork of vineyards and small gardens in terraces, olive and apricot trees, or almonds. The Pancarlik Valley equals also to Pancarlik, Sarica, Ala, Kepez Churches and Monasteries carved in the heart fairy chimneys. At the close of day you will visit a carpet manufactory and will be ac quainted with history, dying, techniques etc. The Turkish carpets have exuberant col ours, motifs, and patterns, and are tradi tionally woven by women. (ascent 100 m, descent 100 m, walking length: ca. 14 km)
DAY 07: SULTANHANI ANTALYA
• After breakfast you will set forth your re turn trip to Antalya. On the way you will stop at the Sultanhani Caravanserai, a monumental caravanserai which looks like a fortress, built during the Seljuk period in 1229, and the largest of all Seljuk cara vanserais in Anatolia. Another stop will be done in a jewellery manufactory. Dinner and overnight in Antalya.
DAY 08: DEPARTURE
• Transfer to the airport for departure to your homeland.