İn this Package discover the incredible volcanic landscape and underground city of Capadoccia and the delights of the stunning İstanbul and it’s top city attractions including the GRAND BAZAAR. You will also enjoy a bosphorus cruise an admire major sightseeing spots.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Istanbul (Your Hotel)|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Pickup @ 8 am from hotel.|
Day 1: Arrival
• Arrival in Istanbul, where you will be wel comed by your local guide and transferred to your hotel. Dinner and overnight in Istanbul.
DAY 02: ISTANBUL CITY TOUR
• After breakfast you will depart for a full day city tour, starting in the Sultan Ahmed Mosque, known as the Blue Mosque. You will proceed to Hagia Sophia, a church from the 6th century, the largest cathedral in the world for nearly a thousand years. Then you will visit the Egyptian Bazaar, known as Spice Bazaar, where you can en joy an authentic atmosphere of an Oriental market. Your visit of Istanbul would not be complete without a visit of the Topkapi Palace, the official and primary residence in the city of the Ottoman Sultans for 400 years, a major tourist attraction today. In the evening you will go to Bursa for dinner and overnight.
DAY 03: : BURSA CAPPADOCIA
• Bursa is the former capital of the Ottoman Empire, where you will take a small city tour, e.g. Ulu Camii, the Big Mosque, or Green Mosque and Tomb with precious tiles and faience, and the bazaar area. Fur ther you will go on to Cappadocia. Dinner and overnight in Cappadocia.
DAY 04: : CAPPADOCIA
• Today is your first day in Cappadocia, a re gion of exceptional natural wonders and a unique historical and cultural heritage. You will visit Pashabag, where the fairy chimneys were used by hermits who spent their days in meditation, the Fairy Chimneys, and the Pigeon Valley, its name comes from the pigeoncotes carved on its walls. Then you can admire churches in the Göreme Valley, which were dug into the rocks and were richly decorated with colourful frescoes. In the afternoon you will visit a longestablished carpet school, and will be acquainted with history, dying, tech niques etc. The Turkish carpets have exu berant colours, motifs, and patterns. Dinner and overnight in Cappadocia.
• Evening (facultative): Enjoy the evening and relax after a day full of walking at a Turkish Night Show, an unforgettable evening in a local bar caved in a fairy chimney. The show highlights the dance traditions of various regions of Turkey.
DAY 05: CAPPADOCIA
• Don’t miss the one of life’s great thrills, Cappadocia hot-air balloon flight (facultative). The spectacular surrealistic landscapes combined with excellent flying conditions allow the balloons to gently drift over and between fairy chim neys, pigeon houses, orchards and vineyards and then float up over rippled ravines for breathtaking views over the region.
• Your today’s Cappadocia discoveries will start in the Red Valley, one of the most spectacular valleys of Cappadocia with its different kind of rock formations in variety colours. Further, an underground city and the Open Air Museum of Zelve, are wait ing for you. Zelve is an amazing cave town, honeycombed with dwellings, religious and secular chambers. Here, the Christians and Muslims lived together in perfect harmony, until 1924. Then Christians had to leave the Valley because of the exchange of minorities between Greece and Turkey, and the Mus lims were forced to evacuate the Valley in the 50’s when life became dangerous due to risk of erosion. At the end of the day you will visit one of traditional crafts workshops: an onyx workshop, or a pottery workshop. Dinner and overnight in Cappadocia.
• Evening (facultative): Witness a performance of Whirling Dervishes, the members of the Mev levi Order from Konya. The ritual whirling of the dervishes is an act of love and a drama of faith.
DAY 06: ANKARA ISTANBUL
• Today you will be returning to Istanbul via Ankara, the centrally located capital of Turkey, once city of lower importance, until it officially replaced Istanbul as the new Turkish capital city in 1923. During a pano ramic city tour you will visit the Mauso leum of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, where the founder of the Turkish Republic rests in peace. Dinner and overnight in Istanbul.
DAY 07: ISTANBUL CITY TOUR
• After breakfast you will visit the famous Grand Bazaar, one of the largest and old est covered markets in the world. Puzzled by the labyrinth of the Grand Bazaar, you will take a comfortable ride along the Bos phorus to have a lunch in an exclusive res taurant on the shore, after which you board for a romantic Bosphorus Cruise. No Is tanbul experience is complete without a cruise on the Bosphorus, it is as crucial as visiting any of the other major sightseeing spots. After arrival at the Golden Horn you will visit a jewellery manufactory. Dinner and overnight in Istanbul.
DAY 08: DEPARTURE
• Transfer to the airport for departure to your homeland.