İn this package you will discover the delights of İstanbul and it’s top city attractions. You will also have the chance to discover Bursa the former capital of of the Ottoman empire, Pergamon to visit Acropolis and Troy best know for being the focus of the trojan war.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Istanbul (Your Hotel)|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Pickup @ 8 am from hotel.|
Day 1: Arrival
• Arrival in Istanbul, where you will be wel comed by your local guide and transferred to your hotel. Dinner and overnight in Istanbul.
DAY 02: ISTANBUL CITY TOUR
• After breakfast you will depart for a full day city tour, starting in the Sultan Ahmed Mosque, popularly known as the Blue Mosque for the blue tiles adorning the walls of its interior. You will proceed to Hagia Sophia, a church from the 6th century, the largest cathedral in the world for nearly a thousand years, until the completion of the Seville Cathedral in 1520. Then you will visit the Egyptian Bazaar, also known as Spice Bazaar, where you can enjoy a typical atmosphere of an Oriental market, most of the customers are still locals, and the goods sold are authentic. You can find a wide range of spices, sweets and nuts mainly here. Your visit of Istanbul would not be complete without a visit of the Topkapi Palace, the official and primary residence in the city of the Ottoman Sultans for 400 years of their 624year reign, a major tour ist attraction today. The palace is full of ex amples of Ottoman architecture and also contains large collections of porcelain, robes, weapons, shields, armour, Ottoman miniatures, as well as a display of Ottoman treasure and jewellery. Before return to the hotel you will visit a leather fashion show. Dinner and overnight in Istanbul.
DAY 03: : BURSA - AYVALIK
• Today you will leave Istanbul. You will cross the Sea of Marmara by a ferry and will be heading for Bursa, the former capital of the Ottoman Empire, where you will take a small city tour, including Ulu Camii, the Big Mosque, or Green Mosque and Tomb with precious tiles and faience, and the ba zaar area. You will continue via Balikesir to Ayvalik, a seaside town on the north western Aegean coast of Turkey. Dinner and overnight in
DAY 04: : PERGAMON - ASCLEPIEION
• After breakfast you will take a drive to a nearby Bergama, once the ancient Greek city of Pergamon, the capital of the King dom of Pergamon during the Hellenistic pe riod. You will visit the Acropolis. The Great Altar of Pergamon is in the Pergamon Mu seum, Berlin. The base of this altar remains on the upper part of the Acropolis. Other notable structures still in existence on the upper part of the Acropolis include for ex ample the Hellenistic Theatre with the steepest seating of any known theatre in the ancient world and the Sanctuary of Trajan. Three kilometres south of the Acropo lis, down in the valley, there was the Sanctuary of Asclepius (also known as the As clepieion), the god of healing. You will also visit a carpet manufactory and will be ac quainted with history, dying, techniques etc. The Turkish carpets have exuberant col ours, motifs, and patterns, and are traditionally woven by women. Dinner and over night in Ayvalik.
DAY 05: A DAY AT YOUR DISPOSAL IN AYVALIK
• Free day for you.
DAY 06: TROY - DARDANELLES - ISTANBUL
• Today you will be returning to Istanbul. First you will follow the Aegean Sea coast line to Troy, both factual and legendary city, best known for being the focus of the Trojan War, as described in the Epic Cycle and especially in the Illiad, one of the two epic poems attributed to Homer. The ar chaeological site of Troy is on the UNESCO World Heritage list. Then a ferry will take you over the Dardanelles, a narrow strait formerly known as the Hellespont, from Asia back to Europe. Along the northern coast of the Sea of Marmara you will return to Istanbul. Dinner and overnight in Istanbul
DAY 07: ISTANBUL CITY TOUR
• After breakfast you will visit the famous Grand Bazaar, one of the largest and old est covered markets in the world. Puzzled by the labyrinth of the Grand Bazaar, you will take a comfortable ride along the Bos phorus to have a lunch in an exclusive res taurant on the shore, after which you board for a romantic Bosphorus Cruise. No Is tanbul experience is complete without a cruise on the Bosphorus, it is as crucial as visiting any of the other major sightseeing spots. After arrival at the Golden Horn you will visit a jewellery manufactory. Dinner and overnight in Istanbul.
DAY 08: DEPARTURE
• Transfer to the airport for departure to your homeland.